…The first two will cover the events of Warlords of Draenor. The third transitions into Legion including the Broken Shore Scenario and the fourth picks up from there.
I made an updated outline for the first Draenor story, Siege of Worlds. I added more content to the outline so…yeah. Here it is:
– The story will mostly take place on Draenor itself and starts six months after Garrosh’s escape. Like the Worldbreaker Saga it will be told from the point of view of both the Alliance snd the Horde.
– The Alliance story will mostly follow Vindicator Arya Aurabolt, who is the daughter of the legendary Alliance Hero Fomortiis Aurabolt. Draenei do not normally have a surname but in honor of her late adopted father, she and her mother Myrmid took on the legendary hero’s last name.
– The Horde story will mostly follow Raigher, the recently appointed Warlord of Orgrimmar in the aftermath of the Siege of Orgrimmar. In the wake of Garrosh’s escape Raigher has his hands full helping Vol’Jin and Thrall repair the rift Garrosh’s aggression had on the people of the city. Although most who fought under Hellscream during the siege were killed, those who survived the fighting would have their fate decided by him. With one word, the lives of the traitors could be spared or ended.
– Six months after Garrosh escapes custody, the Dark Portal turns crimson red and the Iron Horde invades Azaroth. The Iron Horde’s invasion of Azaroth is swift and deadly: their march brings them to the outskirts of Elwynn Forest to the west and Blackrock Mountain to the North. They even gain footholds on Kalimdor in Desolace and Felwood as well as on Northrend in the Grizzly Hills. Alliance and Horde outposts in the effected areas are quickly overwhelmed and everyone is slaughtered. The Iron Horde forces on Azeroth are under the command of none other than Warlord Zaela, the former Matron of the Horde and wife of Garrosh Hellscream.
– Varian Wrymn is asked by his son Anduin, who is the current King of Stormwind to return as High King of the Alliance but he refuses; He left Anduin in charge because he trusts his leadership capabilities. During a skirmish to liberate Lakeshire, the Alliance gets its first victory over the Iron Horde but the price is steep: In a move that surprises even the Horde, the Iron Horde captures Varian alive and takes him back to Draenor.
– The Iron Horde on Kalimdor carve out a canyon right into Mulgore, threatening Thunder Bluff. As the city is besieged the entire city is evacuated in a single night. When the Iron Horde enter the city, all they see are heavily armed soldiers armed to the teeth and prepared to fight to the death. As the Fight for Thunder Bluff commences, the battle shifts in the Iron Horde’s favor when the elevators and rope bridges are destroyed. The timely arrival of Sylvanas and The Forsaken turns the battle around. The Forsaken reinforcements manage to push the Iron Horde out of Mulgore long enough for the canyon to be caved in by Horde Shamen. The damage to Thunder Bluff is so bad, it will take some time to repair the damage. The people move to Bloodhoof village to the southeast for safety. Sylvanas and Baine interrogate one of the captured invaders and learn Garrosh is indeed alive.
– Anduin and Rhenn meet with the other faction leaders and Serene Adventure’s leadership in Stormwind to discuss the Iron Horde and Varian’s capture. Scouts sent into the Dark Portal report the world the Iron Horde comes from is not Outland but Draenor as it was 35 years ago. Vindicator Maraad offers to lead the advance forces into Draenor. Having lived and fought on Draenor at that time, he knows the lay of the land. Arya offers to lead some Serene Adventure members through the portal to Draenor to find and rescue Varian. Rolanto, Talen, Alana and Nautica pledge their lives to help Arya in any way they can. Her mother Myrmid decides to stay behind to help the others deal with the Iron Horde threatening Alliance outposts on Azeroth. As Arya prepares to depart with Maraad, Myrmid tells her to look for a Draenei Mage named Thesseus and help him in any way she can. When asked why, Myrmid simply states “He’s your father.”
– Thrall, Raigher and Vol’jin meet with the other faction leaders in Orgrimmar to discuss the Iron Horde invasion and Garrosh’s involvement. Scouts sent into the Dark Portal report the world the Iron Horde comes from is not Outland but Draenor as it was 35 years ago. Thrall offers to lead the advance forces into Draenor. Having never known the Orcs’ home world, he is anxious to see the home described to him by the older Orcs who grew up there. King Aslanoch Trueflame of the Sindorei orders Serdic and his daughter Princess Verina Trueflame to assist Thrall in any way that they can. As Thrall prepares to depart, Vol’Jin urges him to seek out the father he never knew on Draenor for wisdom and strength. After the Horde envoy leaves for the Dark Portal Raigher receives a missive from his most trusted spy Faoris, who has infiltrated Blackrock Spire. He confirms the Iron Horde are using it as a base of operations on Azeroth and they are being led by Zaela, who is due to give birth any day.
– The Alliance and the Horde coordinate their forces to strike at the Iron Horde’s presence in the Blasted lands long enough for their respective envoys to slip past the defenders and safely reach Draenor. Arya and Thrall are surprised to see the World Shaman Carbina as well as Lillina of the Earthen Ring, Damien of the Ebon Blade and Torika of the Cenarion Circle awaiting them in Tanaan Jungle. Lillina and Torika decided to travel to Draenor to learn what they could about the world before it became Outland in their timeline. They want to learn all they can in the hopes of figuring out a way to heal some of the corruption on present-day Outland. Damien was sent by Abyssion to protect them from harm but also to kill the Orc who would become the first Lich King.
– With help from Lillina, Damien and Torika the Dark Portal on Draenor is shut down and then destroyed, buying them and Azeroth much-needed time to muster the strength needed to take on the Iron Horde. The coalition group splits up at this point: Damien disappears after the fighting is over to chase after a suspicious group of Orcs. Lillina and the Alliance envoy travel to Karabor where they meet a 35-years-younger Velen. Torika and the Horde envoy travel to Frostfire Ridge where they meet Warchief Durotan of the Frostwolf Clan, which was the only major clan that refused to join the Iron Horde.
– In recognition of their efforts in Tanaan Jungle, the Alliance envoy is given Lunarfall in Shadowmoon Valley upon which to build a Garrison. As the leader of the Alliance forces on Draenor, Arya is given absolute authority over their new stronghold and the outposts being constructed deeper in enemy territory. Maraad heads up diplomatic relations with the Council of Exarchs. When Yrel’s sister Samaara is abducted by Ner’zul, Maraad tells Lillina he believes Yrel could be the Champion of the Draenei he should have been and decides to properly train her as a Vindicator. Having avoided the subject up to now, Arya finally confesses to Thesseus he is the father she never knew in the original timeline. When she mentions her mother’s name to him, Thesseus states “One of the twin girls Vindicator Akama recently adopted goes by that name.”
– In recognition of their efforts in Tanaan Jungle, the Horde envoy is given Frostwall in Frostfire Ridge upon which to build a Garrison. As the leader of the Horde forces on Draenor, Serdic is given absolute authority over their new stronghold and the outposts being constructed deeper in enemy territory. Thrall heads up diplomatic relations with the Frostwolf Clan. When the Frostwolf Clan takes Bladespire Fortress, Thrall opens up and finally tells Durotan they are father and son in the original timeline though due to unfortunate circumstances he grew up never knowing his birth parents. Durotan replies saying “Even though you are another Durotan’s son, I would be honored to call you my son.” As the Horde battle standard is raised above the new Frostwolf Stronghold, Draka tells Durotan she is pregnant (!).
– The Alliance and Horde forces on Draenor coordinate their armies and attack the Iron Horde siege of Shattrath City. Maraad sacrifices himself to protect Yrel from an artillery explosion aboard one of Blackhand’s Ironclad Ships.
– Arya and Serdic team up and confront Garrosh Hellscream in Nagrand. Even without being infused with Sha Energy he is more than a match for both of them. Just before Garrosh can finish them off, Thrall arrives and challenges Garrosh to Mak’Gora, which he accepts. Thrall wins the duel and kills Garrosh, finally closing what had been a dark chapter for the Horde. With Varian rescued from the Warsong Clan, the Alliance’s primary mission has been completed. Even so, the Iron Horde still remains a threat to two worlds. Varian decides to lend his support to the Alliance campaign on Draenor and travels to Stormshield to send word to Stormwind City.
…And there ya go.
The storyline brings closure to the end of MoP’s events while also following the WoD timeline to a certain point. Since the Player Character is the main Hero in both WoD and Legion, this means certain creative liberties can be taken on my end. It goes without saying Damien was sent to Draenor to kill Ner’zul. He gets killed off early on in WoD anyways so…yeah. It would have been real confusing if the Lich King storyline was repeated with him.
Here is how the second story will play out in The Draenor Campaign. This is my first time publicly releasing this outline:
– The story picks up a month after the Campaign in Nagrand. King Aslanoch Trueflame travels to Draenor upon receiving word from Khadgar the Warlock Gul’dan’s trail has gone cold. As one of the Horde’s most powerful Archmages, he decides to personally assist in finding him before things get out of hand. When he arrives in Warspear, he is surprised to learn Varian Wrynn would like to meet with him.
– The two leaders meet at Khadgar’s Tower in Talador where Varian confirms Garrosh is really dead this time and that he feels he’s in a good place to discuss open joint operations between the Alliance and the Horde on Draenor. Having seen their allies the Frostwolf Clan and the Council of Exarchs planning and coordinating attacks together–two factions with a dark history in their time–there’s no reason the Alliance and the Horde can’t do the same. Aslanoch asks Varian if he was taking active control to which he replies “Aurabolt would probably kick me if I stepped in now.” On hearing the name of his old friend and rival, Aslanoch replies “Speaking of him, Warlocks speak of Fomortiis with reverence in hushed tones. From what I gather, the Legion’s up something big and wherever he is, he might be trying to stop them.”
– At the same time, Arya and Serdic meet at Retribution Point to better decide where their respective forces should focus. The Iron Horde presences in Nagrand and Talador have been dealt with so that leaves Gorgrond and the Spires of Arak. Arya decides to focus on the Spires of Arak while Serdic picks Gorgrond. Both are next to their native allies’ lands so they would have an easier time coordinating their forces.
– After crushing the Iron Horde forces in Gorgrond and The Spires of Arak, the Alliance and the Horde turn their attention to Tanaan Jungle. Gul’dan, who’d been watching the collapse of the Iron Horde usurps control of the remnants of the Iron Horde from Grom. Arya and Serdic take point constructing a harbor near their respective Garrisons. Meanwhile, Varian and Aslanoch are joined by Dexterose of the Ebon Blade, who was sent by Highlord Highwind as an observer for the final battle. She mentions to them she requested to be the one to go for “personal reasons”.
– Soon after the Alliance and Horde forces return to Tanaan Jungle, they find it very different from how it was when they first arrived: Most of the trees are gone and there is a fel-corrupted river that runs though it. This is when Arya and Serdic separately learn Gul’dan leads the Iron Horde now and is clearly bringing demons to Draenor.
– Varian, Aslanoch, Lillina, Damien and Torika team up and take down Supreme Lord Kazzak atop The Throne of Kil’Jaedeen. After slaying the Archfiend, they are surprised to discover although Mannoroth’s blood is the main source of the demonic corruption to the water, his body is nowhere to be found.
– Arya helps Yrel with her initiation to become an Exarch. During their travels, Arya tells Yrel of the heroes of Azeroth who have thrice prevented The Legion from invading their world, the third time by none other than her deceased father. Yrel opens up and admits as much as she knows her people need her on Draenor, she would love to go to Azeroth with her. Arya asks her if there is anyone that she has feelings for. To her surprise, Yrel tells her it’s Thessius! When Arya tells her he’s her father Yrel breathes a sigh of relief, saying “For a while, I thought you had clamed his heart before I could”.
– Serdic meets with Khadgar where they discuss the nature of the Twisting Nether. Serdic shocks Khadgar when he reveals he was born in the Twisting Nether. His name in Thalassian literally means “Light of the Void”: His mother, who was a Magister and one of Kael’Thas’ followers was pregnant with him when she joined him in Outland. Her expedition group was ambushed by a group of unbound voidwalkers and most of them were killed. Serdic’s mother was absorbed into one of the voidwalkers. Even after the voidwalker was defeated no trance of her remained. Warlocks tried summoning her but all they were able to retrieve was Serdic. Khadgar surmises even as a baby, his strong will prevented him from being lost to the shadows and he feels their chances of victory are much better with him leading the charge.
– During the seige of Hellfire Citadel, it’s revealed Grom is still alive. After slaying the demon tasked with brutally torturing him, Durotan tells him it’s not too late for him to make things right. Pausing for a moment, Grom agrrees saying now it’s personal. He picks up Gorehowl and heads for the top of the citadel, cutting down anything that tries to stop him.
– Arya and Serdic arrive at the Black Gate in time to see Gul’dan summon Archimonde through The Black Gate. After The Defiler is defeated, he sends Gul’dan through the portal before dying. Everyone is astonished to see Dexterose run into the portal just before it explodes. Thinking a moment, Aslanoch remembers the rumor he’d heard about “a powerful, sentient being sensed in The Nether.” He then reassures the others Dexterose will probably be fine and likely planned this from the beginning.
…Like Hellfire Citadel’s final cinematic, the story ends with a cliffhanger. Naturally, things switch to the events of Legion.
Here is the outline to new story Fomortiis and Aurabolt: Darkness and Light. I will cover this in the fourth World Breaker story but both heroes died at the end of that story. As is often the case in Warcraft Lore, not everyone who dies stays dead. LOL.
Here is the outline of events:
– A year passes since victory on Draenor is secured. Yrel decides to stay behind and help prepare her people to deal with the Legion should they return. Since the final battle, she married Thessius and is now expecting a baby. In an effort to ease relations with the Orcs, the Draenei have opened Shattrath City to them and is sharing their technology with the Frostwolf Clan. Exarch Malanar assures Arya and the Alliance Lunarfall will always be theirs no matter how much time passes. Even if Draenor enjoys peace forever more, that will never change. Arya and Yrel walk through the Garrison together one more time, stopping atop the cliff overlooking the rest of Shadowmoon Valley. Her mission completed, Arya decides to leave her sword and shield on the cliff. There, they would serve as a reminder of the strength and courage she brought with her to Draenor. Yrel jokingly says if the Legion came back tomorrow, she wouldn’t hesitate to use her sword and shield despite being with child. “All things considered, you might not have a choice if that happens.” Arya replies, adding “I know we haven’t seen the last of the Legion.”
– A year passes since victory on Draenor is secured. The remaining Orc Clans agree to name Durotan the new Warlord of all the Orc Clans of Draenor. Despite the overwhelming odds, Durotan and The Frostwolves kept the Orcs’ way of life pure and fought not for themselves but for all Orcs’ survival. Durotan names Grommash Hellscream his second in command, saying even though they are cooperating with the Draenei, the Orcs shouldn’t waste time preparing for their next battle with the Legion. For this reason, he names the united Orc Clans The Draenic Horde to differentiate from their Azerothian counterpart. Thrall tells Serdic he believes The Draenic Horde have Garrosh to thank after all, saying if it wasn’t for him, history would have repeated itself. If Garrosh did not show Grom what would happen if they drank Mannoroth’s blood, he never would have listened to him. Serdic tells Thrall Durotan is letting the Horde keep Frostwall in case it’s needed again, adding “I think Durotan’s trying to tell you something.” Thrall laughs, saying “Even though I have no reason to decline the offer, my home is Azeroth. He understands.” As the two walk through Frostwall one more time, Serdic asks Thrall if he will keep in touch with his sister Duga’ra to which Thrall replies “She’s not my sister.”
– When Dexterose entered The Nether, she is immediately confronted by hundreds of thousands of demons. The sight of them sends her into a frenzy and she launches herself into the fray without hesitation. In a very short amount of time, she slaughters ten thousand demons in just her first charge. As she turns for another pass, something flies past her and slaughters the rest of the demons. It’s only after the last one is slain she sees the creature that slaughtered the demons is a Demon Hunter. “Gul’dan came this way not long before you did. The fact that Abyssion sent you to get me means the time has come for me to fulfill my end of the bargain.” When Dexterose asks him who he must be for Abyssion to send her on a suicide mission, he simply replies “When I was alive, my name was Fomortiis Aurabolt. In The Nether, I am known as Fomortiis The Relentless.”
– Stunned, Dexterose silently nods in ackowledgement before opening a Death Gate to Acherus for the return trip to Azeroth. Waiting on the other side is none other than Abyssion himself. “Care to tell me now how two souls could perfectly occupy the same body now, old friend?” Abyssion asks the Demon Hunter standing before him. “Originally, we were supposed to be twins.” Fomortiis replies with a chuckle. “I died shortly before birth but not before my consciousness was absorbed into him. In order for me to get my body back, the body we shared needed to die. Now that I am finally a separate being, it’s time I honored our agreement.” Abyssion then goes on to explain three years have passed since The Hour of Twilight and things have changed. To that, Fomortiis simply replies “I’m sure Aurabolt will be thrilled when he returns. Now, let’s go to Stormwind. I have a Paladin to ressurrect.”
– Arya and Myrmid happen to be visiting Aurabolt’s Tomb when Fomortiis arrives. Arya had come intending to claim her father’s legendary sword Divina when Fomortiis stops her. “He’s going to need that when he wakes up.” Arya and Myrmid are stunned as they watch the stranger do what Aurabolt himself said was an impossability and raises him from the dead. “While I wish you two weren’t here to see that, it saves some explaining.” Aurabolt says to them, adding “My twin brother, Fomortiis.” Abyssion chooses that moment to make his presence known and asks Myrmid if she ever told Arya about the sword he used when he was alive: Flamberge, Breath of The Lifebinder. He then goes on to explain when he first joined the Argent Dawn, he traveled to Northrend and was given the sword imbued with a portion of the Red Aspect’s power. Flamberge is an enchanted blade that will not allow itself to be wielded by the unworthy: All the mortals who tried to take up the sword before him were burned to ashes. This was why he was still able to use it even after he was raised as a Death Knight.
– Arya travels to Icecrown with Lillina and former Westfall Magistrate Angel to retrieve Flamberge. Lillina asks Angel why she never went to Draenor and she explains she had her hands full restarting Westfall’s economy, rebuilding the roads to Goldshire and Darkshire as well as building a harbor and opening a sea trade route with Gadgetstan and Booty Bay. Flamberge’s enchantment makes it easy to find the sword even through a blinding snowstorm. As soon as she touches the sword, Arya feels the power of fire course through her veins. At first she thought she was about to be incinerated but to her relief, the sword accepts her as its new owner. Angel is about to open a portal back to Stormwind when all three of them feel something powerful and ominous.They look south in time to see Sargeras’ Tomb has risen from the depths of the sea.
– Meanwhile, the forces of the Alliance and the Horde marshall their forces to meet the Legion in battle at the Broken Shore, which is itself on the recently rediscovered Broken Isles. Varian Wrynn leads the Alliance Vanguard alongside Sylvanas Windrunner, who leads the Horde Vanguard. After Varian finishes penning a personal letter to Anduin, the Legion begin to attack the advancing forces. Sylvanas, who’d been assisting with Orgrimmar’s defense during the campaign in Draenor orders her troops to assist the Alliance in combat. Despite a rough landing, the Alliance and the Horde manage to establish separate positions on the Broken Shore for the push to shut down the Legion’s firm presence on Azeroth.
– The Argent Crusade and the Knights of the Ebon Blade arrive with the first wave of reinforcements. Highlord Jamiy Ambrose leads the Argent Crusade while Highlord Abyssion Highwind leads the Ebon Blade, the latter of which moved Acherus to the Broken Isles. “If the rumors are to be believed, the Ebon Blade recently stumbled upon something powerful.” Jamiy says to Abyssion. “Not something, Highlord.” Abyssion replies as Aurabolt and Fomortiis emerge from Acherus. “Someone would be more accurate.”
– Arya, Serdic, Ein, Torika and many other heroes who fought on Draenor, Pandaria and Northrend arrive with the second and third waves of reinforcements. Everyone came knowing it was very likely few, if any of them would return alive from the hell they were about to face. Many of them were recently married, have a baby on the way or have young children. Before leaving for the Broken Shore, they spoke to their families with the assumption they would not be returning at all. For many, they go to fight an enemy unlike any they have ever faced before: The Legion can’t be reasoned with and has no sense of morals. Their sole purpose and reason for being is the extermination of all.
– In the intense fighting that follows, the Alliance and the Horde push deep into the heart of the Legion War Machine…exactly as Gul’dan planned. Jamiy and Abyssion get pinned down by a powerful demon trying to save some of their men. Their efforts are wasted when Legion reinforcements cut down their forces–and then cut off their retreat. “Hmph…it looks like we’ll be joining the rest of them soon.” Jamiy says to Abyssion, referring to Tirion Fordring and Darion Mograine as he channels The Light into Ashbringer. “You, maybe.” Abyssion replies as he channels Runic Power into his Greatsword of the Ebon Blade and raises their dead allies as ghouls. “There’s only one place one of the damned can go after their second death.” Two of the greatest heroes on Azeroth fall in battle but not before wiping out the nest of demons that would have easily overrun the Alliance and the Horde.
– Witnessing her father’s death from aboard Acherus causes Lillina, who is heavily pregnant with her fourth child to snap. She grabs a Skeletal Gryphon and flies down to the Broken Shore to avenge him.
– Aurabolt, Fomortiis, Myrmid, Arya and her secondborn brother Alton (Mage) are the first to reach Gul’dan. The Warlock summons a massive demon, which the family easily takes down. Fomortiis uses the massive demon as a distraction to flank Gul’dan. Before he can strike, a pair of demons ambush him. “Did you think I didn’t notice you, Demon Hunter?” Gul’dan taunts as he teleports behind a phalanx of demons. He then summons even more demons to attack all of them. Realizing they will have to choose between Gul’dan and shutting down the massive portal before them, they decide to switch targets to the massive demon portal. Aurabolt and Fomortiis draw Gul’dan’s attention while Myrmid and the others shut down the portal. The strategy works: Gul’dan is caught off guard and is finally cornered.
– Lillina arrives in time to see her former master preparing to finish the Warlock off. “Allow me that honor with my father’s sword.” she tells him, brandishing her father’s sword. Thinking a moment, the Demon Hunter nods and takes a step back. This momentary pause gives Gul’dan just enough time to touch Lillina’s belly. “Thank you for coming all this way, Titanborn.” He says as he releases Fel Magic into her unborn child. Fomortiis tries to strike but Gul’dan teleports away at the last second. Everyone watches as the Fel Magic Gul’dan hit Lillina with along with her own Fel Magic are forcefully expelled from her body and explode in the skies above them, wiping out the airborne demons.
– As another wave of demons arrive, Aurabolt summons his Celestial Steed but realizes three of them will have to be sacrificed so the others can escape. Myrmid tells him she will stay behind and fight to the end with him this time. Fomortiis tells Lillina it would seem The Legion viewed her as a threat to their interests for Gul’dan to try to do to her what Sargeras did to Aegwynn. He theorizes Gul’dan’s efforts simply drove all of the Fel Magic in her body out of her and she is no longer a Warlock. Fomortiis muses only someone who personally knows The Titans would be able to tell her why he called her a “Titanborn”. Myrmid tells her daughter she wants her to live a full life just like she did. Arya tells her this would be her last battle for a while, for she is pregnant! Alton tells his father he will go to Dalaran to search for a way to drive the Legion from their world. The children depart as the next wave of demons converges on their position.
– The Alliance Vanguard arrives to find the broken bodies of Aurabolt and Myrmid. Varian is stunned, having just learned Jamiy and Abyssion fell in battle. Fomortiis, who survived the slaughter tells Varian he’ll live but is in no condition to fight. At the very least, they managed to completely destroy the portal. It will take some time for Gul’dan to rebuild it. Varian orders medics to get him aboard the gunship for evac while he presses forward. The Horde, who were fighting on the ridge above them suddenly withdraws from their position and leaves the Alliance pinned down and exposed by the Legion. Left with no other options, Varian sounds the retreat. Gul’dan summons a massive demon to stop their retreat and nearly succeeds. Varian sacrifices himself so the others can escape but he doesn’t die alone: Aurabolt, who was believed dead uses the last ounce of his strength to destroy the demons around him with a blast of the Holy Light.
– When the Horde Vanguard arrived, they were quickly pinned down by the Legion and on the verge of being routed. Warchief Vol’Jin is struck down and urges Sylvanas and Aslanoch to keep the Horde alive. Sylvanas sounds the retreat while Aslanoch covers their escape, ensuring the Legion does not follow them. When a giant demon suddenly appears, Aslanoch realizes he will have to stay behind to buy their forces time to escape and gives Lorthe’mar Theron his crown to give to his oldest daughter Verina: He won’t be coming back. His sister Sissnei (Priest) stands by his side, saying his daughter will do a fine job leading their people. Sylvanas looks on in quiet contemplation from the last ship as Aslanoch and Sissnei fall to the Legion.
– The Alliance mourns The Fallen Lion, Varian Wrynn. Many heroes were lost at the Broken Shore but none more decorated than their former King. Arya and Alton lost both of their parents at the Broken Shore but like King Anduin, they were grown. There were countless children who would soon get tbe news their parents would not be coming back. She stayed with Fomortiis, the man who turned out to be her uncle during the flight back to Stormwind. Now recovering in the castle, Fomortiis tells her Lillina may be key to ending the Legion’s threat to their world. He urges her to find his former student and help her in any way she can.
– The Horde mourns the death of Vol’Jin, who died shortly after returning to Orgrimmar. With his final words, he names Sylvanas Windrunner the new Warchief. Sylvanas vows to avenge Vol’Jin and everyone else who died fighting the Legion. Verina, who led the Horde withdrawal from the Broken Shore is floored when Lorthe’mar tells her she is now Queen of the Sindorei. She never imagined she would become Queen of her people but given the circumstances, it is a role she grimly accepts as her birthright. Her first order is to send her new General, Lorthe’mar to the Storm Peaks to recover a bow her mother hid there during the War in the North for her younger brother, Tibarn (Hunter).
– Dexterose, Damien, Thassarian and Kolitra meet on Acherus. With Abyssion dead, the Ebon Blade will need a new leader. Damien nominates Dexterose to become their new leader with the title of Deathlord. If not for her daring suicide mission into the Twisting Nether, the losses suffered at the Broken Front would have been a full route. Without Fomortiis, the Legion would have overrun their world by now. Right after Thassarian and Kolitra voice their support, the four Death Knights hear a voice they never thought they’d hear: The Lich King’s. Intrigued, the Ebon Blade withdraws from the Broken Isles and heads for Northrend.
– The Argent Crusade and the Silver Hand are devastated by the losses of Highlord Ambrose and the Ashbringer. Serdic and Celes, who’d returned with the Silver Hand from the Broken Shore ask Celes’ brother Manthony (Paladin) to become the new Highlord. The other leaders voice their agreement. Manthony accepts the nomination but first, they will need to return to The Broken Shore and recover the Ashbringer. Only with the legendary sword will they stand a chance against the Burning Legion.
…There ya go.
Like the other outlines, this is merely the sequence of events. There are ALOT of details I am leaving out on purpose. I need to give you a reason to read the finished products after all!
I’m still working on the outline for this one but the second Legion-based story is called Rise of the Titanborn. It’s a bit more open-ened like The Draenor Campaign was.
Here is the outline so far:
– Lillina travels to Ulduar where she encounters Algalon the Obersever outside the facility. He tells her she is the first of seven Titanborn to have become aware of themselves. In their Infinite Wisdom, The Pantheon took certain steps when Sargeras fell to corruption to ensure their powers would be at the disposal of the mortal races whose world is threatened by The Burning Legion. Many mortals have had the potential but this is the first time a Titanborn as come into their own. Algalon explains this is why all the Fel Magic in her body is gone: When Gul’dan tried to attack her unborn child, her Titan abilities awakened to drive out the threat just like the mortal eaces have arisen again and again to drive back The Legion. She is still a mortal but she is now something more. Something far more powerful. Her first duty is to find the other six Titanborn. Now that her powers have awakened, she will be able to sense when they are nearby. Once they have all been found, the seven should go to The Hall of Origination in Uldum where he will await them.
– Arya, Paima (Druid) and Torika (Druid), who separately overheard their conversation make themselves known the two. Paima tells Lillina she long suspected her daughter had been blessed by a higher power and that her awakening as a Shaman confirmed this. Torika says Lillina and the other six Titanborn may be the key to getting rid of the Fel Corruption on Azeroth after the Legion has been dealt with. Arya tells Lillina she will join her on her quest. Even though they are both expecting, it would be to her advantage to travel with comrades. Lillina agrees and asks Torika to accompany her as well–The closest Titanborn happens to be a member of the Horde.
– Algalon interjects, saying it would be better for Lillina to wait until after she gives birth to begin her quest. The Legion will send their forces across Azeroth to find and kill all of the Titanborn. She would be at a disadvantage if she went into labor while under attack. That’s why Arya suggests they go to Lunarfall on Alternate Draenor. It’s safe from the Legion, who are slowly retreating from that world. Paima agrees with the suggestion before departing, saying she will see about sending a powerful friend to them.
– A week later, Fomortiis has recovered from his injuries and is preparing to leave Stormwind when he’s approached by Paima. She tells him his niece is safe and has met up with Lillina. They are keeping laying low at the Alliance Garrison on Alternate Draenor until Lillina gives birth. Then she tells him about what they learned from the Algalon. Fomortiis reveals he can see the energy only a Titanborn would contain and decides to seek out the locations of the other six. Once he has learned of their locations, he will meet up with Lillina’s group at Lunarfall. His travels takes him back to the Broken Shore. Fomortiis is surprised to see the area his brother died on was consecrated by the Light and the demons actively avoid the area. Warlocks were working to bring down the wall of light but it would clearly take some time for them to break through. In death, Aurabolt’s power would keep the Legion contained…at least for the time being.
– The Council of Exarchs are a little surprised to see Arya has returned to Draenor. Having just learned of Azeroth’s first loss to the Legion, they feared the worst. The group explains they traveled back to Draenor so Lillina can give birth, which is partly true. They decided not to tell their hosts about Lillina being a Titanborn. Paima and Lillina’s other children–Marcus (Monk), Ledah (Warrior) and Ushio (Shaman)–arrive at the Garrison. Paima told the children of their father’s demise at the Broken Shore and they were anxious to see their mother. Lillina gives birth to a daughter she names Edeni and decides to leave her in the care of Yrel.
– Fomortiis arrives as Lillina prepares to return to Azeroth. He found out where five of the other Titanborn were located: The one Lillina sensed is in fact a Blood Elf (Hunter) in Silvermoon City. Not only that, he is the younger brother of the Blood Elves’ new queen (!). The next Titanborn is a Worgen (Mage) being held captive by the Forsaken in the Ruins of Alterac. They will likely have to fight their way to his position and free him. The next Titanborn is a Dwarf (Warrior) stationed at the Searing Gorge/Loch Modan boarder. They find the wily soldier holding her own against the pocket of Demons threatening to pour into Dwarven Lands.
– The remaing two known Titanborn are on Kalimdor: The next Titanborn is a Night Elf (Death Knight) but there’s two problems: For one, He died on the Broken Front but fortunately his body was brought back to Darnassus. Second, the group decides the only way to bring the slain hero back is for him to be raised as a Death Knight. Hearing rumors the Ebon Blade suddenly moved to Icecrown Citadel, they decide to pay the Lich King a visit and meet the Ebon Blade’s new leader. The fifth Titanborn is a Tauren (Druid) who recently joined a vengeful Orc in his lifelong quest to eradicate the Quilboar of The Barrens. After helping the Orc find closure, their new ally reveals the Earthmother showed her a vision of what will happen to Azeroth if they fail in their mission even if the Legion is driven away. Failure is not an option.
– With no solid leads on the remaining Titanborn, the group travels to Uldum to meet up with Algalon. They are surprised when Algalon says they have all been found: The sixth and final Titanborn is actually Arya’s unborn child (!). Algalon explains he did not say anything before because then its powers would have become active just like it was for Lillina. Once the child is born, they will need to use the Hall of Origination to accerate its growth to adulthood. Until then, it would be best to return to Alternate Draenor while two of the Titanborn remain with him to learn how to use the device that will be used. The group splits from there. Some stay behind with two of the Titanborn while the others go to Draenor.
…I’d say that’s enough.
The challenge I made for myself is making a list of my original characters who are (still) alive by the start of the second Worldbreaker story and then figuring out who dies between then and Broken Shore. I have an understanding of who needs to stay alive but when I thought about the Horde OCs I have yet to introduce in the earlier stories…yeah. It’s far less of an issue from the Alliance side since I’m obviously stronger in regards to writing from that faction’s perspective.It’s a challenge I happily accept, of course!
I don’t know WHEN I will get started on these as I will clearly have to finish The Worldbreaker Saga first. Now that I know what I will be doing for the rest of 2016, I’m fairly confident I can write the second Worldbreaker story–Burning Ambitions–later this year. It will be posted on AO3 as well.